Airport Staff are currently hiring an Assistant Financial Controller to join a busy hotel in Dublin Airport. The Assistant Financial Controller is responsible to assist the Financial Controller for all the assigned company accounting and financial controls under the supervision of the FC, under the Financial Guidance of the owners Financial Director, within the policies and procedures according to corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations. In addition, the job incumbent controls the overall hotel costs by managing the purchasing function. The function should be proactive, analysing, and recommending alternative action in every respect, and operate in line with hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists the Financial Controller to maximizes cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in the day to day running of the Accounts department
- To assist with the production of the monthly management accounts including P&L accounts, KPI’s and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assists with Accounts Payable; Accounts Receivable; Cashiering; Income Audit; Internal Audit; Month End Closing, and; Payroll
- Upholds a high level of regular, frequent, accurate and timely communication to all related departments/ external stakeholders regarding the Accounts function within the hotel
- Act as hotel’s credit manager
- Enforces, documents and establishes adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and protection of assets, and ensures controls will satisfy or improve the level of guest service.
- Maintains accurate and timely financial and operating information and provides analyzes, interpretations and projections to management as required
- Conducts monthly inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with required procedures
- Performs duties as required by the Financial Controller and Owners Financial Director in respect of controls.
- Follows up on all capital expenditures to ensure compliance with original justification and approval
- Assists and provides financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the business plan, hotel and departmental budgets, and objectives programme, and manage relevant budgets appropriately
- Provides proactive administrative support to management with reference to policy enforcement, business advice and operational assistance
- Accepts flexible working schedule when necessary for the hotel’s uninterrupted service
- Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position
- Projects a favourable image of The Radisson Hotel Group and Windward management to the public
Required Competencies :
- Strong organisation, problem solving and planning skills
- Quality and standards orientated
- People Management
- Attention to detail, highly motivated and ambitious
- Ability to cope under pressure in an ever-changing environment
- Active Relationships- Able to communicate fluently and concisely
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified Accountant – 1 to 3 PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Experience of working within the Hotel or Retail Sector
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office related products specifically Excel and Outlook
- Opera, ProcureWizard and Sage Accounts experience