Assistant Freight Operations ManagerApply now
- Supervise air and sea freight bookings, verifying rates and costs upon receipt to ensure accuracy and proper handling.
- Continuously monitor bookings through shipping line and airline tracking systems
- For imports, prepare documents and coordinate with overseas agents to finalise documents for the company.
- Arrange transportation for shipments as required.
- Send booking confirmations to customers to confirm all booking details.
- Facilitate the handover of customs documentation to our in-house broker team for clearance processing.
- For exports, issue bills of lading/airway bills and confirm shipment status on board while pre-alerting receiving agents.
- Ensure that all file documentation is uploaded to the company system.
- Accurately invoice all shipments.
- Promptly address all customer inquiries and communications.
- Price jobs/projects according to customer requirements.
- Follow up on specific customer quotes and provide clarification on commercial aspects.
- Participate in the review of customer and job profitability.
- Attend customer meetings when required.
- Delegate operational duties to air and sea team members.
- Supervise daily operations to ensure that all tasks are completed within the specified time frames.
- Oversee the handover process when team members are on planned leave or have to take unexpected leave from the office.
- Establish and enforce internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) to meet customer and company requirements.
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience in a freight forwarding environment.
- Ability to foster a KPI-driven culture to optimise operational efficiency.
- Strong communication and leadership skills are essential, with the ability to motivate the operations team, provide guidance, and support team members in their professional development.
- 25 Days of Annual Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Service Awards and Benefits
- Bonus Scheme