Fitter/Turner TechnicianApply now
Airport Staff are currently seeking a skilled Fitter/Turner Technician (MAMF/Toolmaker) to join our client at their facility in Ashbourne, Co. Meath. As a Technician, you will be responsible for the safe overhaul and repair of Aircraft Systems/Component products, ensuring compliance with quality, safety, and technical standards as per company manuals and regulatory requirements. In addition to your technical duties, you will play a vital role in training and assisting other staff members and apprentices within the Business unit.
- Complete assigned work and duties in a timely and professional manner to maximize output.
- Sign off on all work performed as required.
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance records in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date systems and handovers.
- Capture all billable man-hours and materials in the Company ERP system.
- Assist with corrective actions on audit findings.
- Properly utilise personal protective clothing and equipment as required.
- Verify the up-to-date status of all technical documentation used.
- Check calibration dates of test equipment before use.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times.
- Contribute to the development of new processes and component capability.
- Report any technical or airworthiness issues to the Team Leader.
- Be prepared to undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by the Company.
Core Competencies/Skills Required:
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship/traineeship and successful completion of related exams.
- Competence in mechanical work, including component strip down and re-build.
- Ability to acquire and correctly use Company Approvals relevant to the area.
- Good working knowledge of technical matters relevant to the activities of the Business Unit.
- Ability to interpret and apply requirements from maintenance manuals, engineering drawings, instructions, service bulletins, and job cards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability to change and a team-oriented mind-set.
- Basic computer literacy and willingness to learn and implement new systems and procedures in line with Company objectives.
- Possess a common sense and flexible approach to changing priorities and customer demands.
- Ability to develop knowledge of Company IT systems, including relevant DALsys modules.
- Full understanding of the Company MOE (Maintenance Organisation Exposition) and Procedures Manual.
- Successful completion of a competency assessment procedure based on GM2 145.A.30(e) prior to working unsupervised (where applicable). Ref. MOE 3.14.
- Ability to pass a 5-year security background check.
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug screening.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), particularly Excel.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Authorised to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction.
If you are a skilled and dedicated Fitter/Turner Technician with a commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement, we invite you to apply for this position. Join our team and contribute to the maintenance of high standards in the overhaul and repair of Aircraft Systems/Component products. To apply, please submit your resume/CV along with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications. We look forward to receiving your application and considering you for this opportunity.