Fitter/Turner TechnicianApply now
Airport Staff are currently seeking a skilled Fitter/Turner Technician (MAMF/Toolmaker) to join our client in North Dublin.
As a Technician, you will be responsible for the safe overhaul and repair of Aircraft Systems/Component products, ensuring compliance with quality, safety, and technical standards as per company manuals and regulatory requirements. In addition to your technical duties, you will play a vital role in training and assisting other staff members and apprentices within the Business unit.
- Complete assigned work and duties in a timely and professional manner to maximize output.
- Sign off on all work performed as required.
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance records in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date systems and handovers.
- Capture all billable man-hours and materials in the Company ERP system.
- Assist with corrective actions on audit findings.
- Properly utilise personal protective clothing and equipment as required.
- Verify the up-to-date status of all technical documentation used.
- Check calibration dates of test equipment before use.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times.
- Contribute to the development of new processes and component capability.
- Report any technical or airworthiness issues to the Team Leader.
- Be prepared to undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by the Company.
Core Competencies/Skills Required:
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship/traineeship and successful completion of related exams.
- Competence in mechanical work, including component strip down and re-build.
- Ability to acquire and correctly use Company Approvals relevant to the area.
- Good working knowledge of technical matters relevant to the activities of the Business Unit.
- Ability to interpret and apply requirements from maintenance manuals, engineering drawings, instructions, service bulletins, and job cards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability to change and a team-oriented mind-set.
- Basic computer literacy and willingness to learn and implement new systems and procedures in line with Company objectives.
- Possess a common sense and flexible approach to changing priorities and customer demands.
- Ability to develop knowledge of Company IT systems, including relevant DALsys modules.
- Full understanding of the Company MOE (Maintenance Organisation Exposition) and Procedures Manual.
- Successful completion of a competency assessment procedure based on GM2 145.A.30(e) prior to working unsupervised (where applicable). Ref. MOE 3.14.
- Ability to pass a 5-year security background check.
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug screening.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), particularly Excel.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Authorised to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction.
If you are a skilled and dedicated Fitter/Turner Technician with a commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement, we invite you to apply for this position. To apply, please submit your resume/CV along with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
We look forward to receiving your application and considering you for this opportunity.