Head of Corporate ServicesApply now
Airport Staff are currently looking for a Head of Corporate Services to join a security company.
Reporting to the Divisional Director of Ireland, the successful candidate will be directly responsible for the management and delivery of the Corporate Security business in Ireland. This role will have national coverage as required.
Liaising with both the client/customer and stakeholders, the Head of Corporate Services will be highly commercially and financially astute and have a high degree of customer service excellence in order to develop and drive performance targets within the team. A hands-on and accountable professional that recognises the balance of acting at pace within the client environment alongside due diligence, safety protocol and stable delivery within a tight budget.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in the successful delivery of contracts of this magnitude in both service delivery and transformation. The ability to evidence previous, successful innovation, strategic direction and results is imperative.
The role is very hands on and will require the Head of Corporate Services to be visible within the account at all levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide operational direction to the regional management teams including quality, training and administration.
* Manage the contract SLA’s and Master Service Agreement’s
* Identify and facilitate continuous performance improvement and best practice in line with the contract KPI’s.
* Act as both advisor and conduit for the client/customer security and promote integration of the security provision to bring advancements in technology and approach to the contract.
* Be fully accountable for contract governance and compliance.
* Work closely with Head Office functions including Finance, HR, Business Assurance.
* Ensure adequate training, development and succession planning is in place across the account.
* Liaison with the Business Development Director to engage with potential bids and tenders.
* Co-ordinate with the wider KAM team within Europe to better develop solutions and approach for individual contracts.
* Retain overall responsibility for professional matters across their operational sector, including adherence to ISO QM, BCMS, and Environmental policies, manage and monitor the service provision, performance and employees in accordance with the requirements of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
* Provide detailed and timely reporting to the Divisional Director on performance to present a targeted, results driven approach.
* Manage operational segment financial performance and the effective allocation of financial resources. Monitor end of month financial processes, including budgets, payroll, & invoicing, through the effective utilisation of internal platforms.
* Provide professional business cases identifying opportunity for growth and diversity and work with the Bid Team tenders.
* Engage and cooperate with Recruitment team to ensure accurate recruitment numbers are relayed.
* Undertake professional development and training appropriate for the successful delivery of the role.
* Comply with Company Policies and Procedures and site-specific procedures.
* Provide a positive contribution towards maintaining an environment of equal opportunity, in accordance with the Equal Opportunities and Diversity policy.
* Undertake research, monitor, and report on the external environmental factors impacting the contract / business (e.g., Employment, competitor, social, economic and political environment).
* Undertake such duties at the direction of the Divisional Director appropriate to the level and character of work, which may reasonably be required by the Corporate Division and the business.
Salary is €70,000
25 days annual leave
**To apply for this role you must have the right to work in Ireland**