HR OfficerApply now
REPORTING TO – HR Manager
Airport staff are recruiting for the position of HR Officer to work with our client a leading security form in the aviation and data centre industry. Working as part of the HR Team, the HR Officer will be supporting the divisional operational teams in providing proactive, professional and timely HR advice and support. With full involvement to effectively manage all employee relations cases in the region.
KEY TASK AREAS / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Proactive involvement in disciplinaries, grievances, sickness, suspensions, TUPE, redundancy issues, and performance management in line with current employment legislation.
2. Ensure best practice is adhered to at all times which is sound and commercially viable.
3. Produce key HR reports through a Management Information reporting system.
4. Proactively manage all sickness absence and suspension cases to reduce costs and meet agreed KPIs.
5. Take ownership of case workload for the business, chase Managers on outstanding actions and ensure cases are resolved in a timely manner.
6. Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
7. Undertake HR related projects and assignments as and when required.
8. Complete Subject Access Requests as required.
9. To carry out any other duties required by the business within the scope of the role.
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience in an HR Advisor/Practitioner role is essential, preferably within a fast-paced blue-collar environment. Must be able to demonstrate a good level of employee relations case work experience and employment law knowledge, along with other HR disciplines. Must also be able to adapt to situations by using sound commercial and practical HR advice in a timely manner.
· Demonstrable experience of managing a large volume of employee relations cases and be able to coach managers.
· Confident, articulate communicator – both orally and in writing; able to build relationships with all employees, from site-based colleagues to senior management.
· Ability to work under own initiative.
· Commercial awareness and application of an outsourced service environment.
· Ability to plan and prioritise workload in order to ensure full-service delivery within area of responsibility.
· Excellent organisational skills; able to manage numerous responsibilities at once.
· A good understanding of UK employment law and legislation.
· Competent in analysing data and using Excel.