We are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement & Operational Excellence Manager to join our client based in Dublin Airport.
The role works as part of the UK & Ireland Continuous Improvement and Change team on a variety of projects and initiatives in close conjunction with the businesses core operational teams. Using your expertise in Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma to identify continuous improvement opportunities and then work structured projects to achieve measurable improvements in Quality, Cost and Delivery (Process). Focus and projects may also extend into the associated business including other sites and wider supply chain where projects are relevant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highlights and develops business improvement opportunities that will benefit Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Develops, trains, and rolls out standards and best practices using lean manufacturing and Six-Sigma/ Lean tools and principles
- Problem solves to identify root causes of selective issues restricting or affecting the business using process improvement and problem-solving tools such as; process mapping, kaizen events, value-stream mapping, SMED, Poka-yoke, FMEA, C&E analysis, 5S etc.
- Seeks and analyses data for evidence-based analysis and planning of value-added solutions
- Develops and implements performance management systems that will help to measure and manage operational performance
- Partners with plant’s general manager, process managers and shift managers (in the operation) to plan and execute operational and tactical improvements
- Drives development and rollout of technology tools into the operation
- Acts as a mentor to coach and develop staff in the mind-set of continuous improvement
- Supports adherence to, and sustainment of, the groups global Operational Excellence program
- Supports corporate and field staff in effective deployment of; food safety and hygiene, quality, delivery, safety & security standards
Qualifications – Education:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Lean, Six Sigma, change or related qualification (Blackbelt or Greenbelt certification advantageous)
- 5+ year minimum experience in manufacturing operations environment of pharmaceutical, manufacturing, healthcare, electronics/engineering or automotive
- 2+ years minimum management/supervisory experience
- Facilitating and applying Continuous Improvement / Lean tools and methodologies over a significant period with proven delivery & results
- Manufacturing systems understanding (BOM’s, ERP, production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supply chain management etc.)
- Project management experience
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop long term relationships and facilitate sometime diverse groups of people to work together to achieve shared objectives.
- Good team working skills including experience of working cross functionally
- Strong leadership skills
- Good negotiating and persuasive skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, detailed, ability to schedule/manage workload/multiple activities within similar timelines.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) at intermediate level
- Strong characteristics in: communications, team building, facilitation/deployment change management
- Ability to: evaluate, consult, coach, influence, implement, present and deliver
Language / Communication Skills:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to flex communication styles to suit target audience
** Please note – this role does require you to travel to London 2-3 times per month **